This department offers courses in the areas of logic, philosophy of language, philosophy of mind and cognitive sciences, as well as epistemology and history and philosophy of science. Students are also provided with general courses designed to develop their argumentative and critical thinking skills, as well as with courses aiming at their specific training in the sub-domains of theoretical philosophy. The paradigm developed by the members of this department helps students become familiar with the main philosophical theories regarding existence, knowledge, truth, mind, science, and to develop and train argumentative skills, as well as critical, systematic and rigorous thinking.
The CELFIS research centre is affiliated to the Department of Theoretical Philosophy.
Members of the Department:
- Lect. univ. dr. Cătălin Cioabă
- Conf. univ. dr. Sorin Costreie
- Prof. univ. dr. Mircea Dumitru
- Prof. univ. dr. Mircea Flonta – Professor Emeritus
- Asist. univ. dr. Andrei Mărășoiu
- Conf. univ. dr. Dana Jalobeanu
- Prof. univ. dr. Ilie Pârvu – Professor Emeritus
- Prof. univ. dr. Laurenţiu Staicu
- Prof. univ. dr. Constantin Stoenescu – Departament Director
- Prof. univ. dr. Dragan Stoianovici– Professor Emeritus
- Conf. univ. dr. Gheorghe Ştefanov
- Conf. univ. dr. Gabriel Vacariu