Conf. univ. dr. Gabriel Vacariu este doctor al University of New South Wales (Sydney, Australia) din anul 2008 cu o teză despre Lumile Epistemologic Diferite. Contribuţia sa principală constă în dezvoltarea unei teorii complexe care oferă răspunsuri la problema minte-corp, cu aplicaţii specifice la biologie şi mecanica cuantică. Principalele rezultate ale cercetării au fost sintetizate recent în cartea sa din 2016, Illusions of Human Thinking (Springer Verlag). Gabriel Vacariu predă la Facultatea de Filosofie din 1997. În prezent, ţine cursuri de Filosofia minţii şi a ştiinţei cogniţiei, Teoria cunoaşterii ştiinţifice, precum şi Filosofie şi film.
My personal webpages: https://plus.google.com/+GabrielVacariu/posts
https://www.gabrielvacariu.wordpress.com/ http://philpapers.org/profile/8792 https://unibuc.academia.edu/GabrielVacariu https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Gabriel_Vacariu/contributions
ABOUT MY EDWS – SOME OF MY DISCUSSIONS on FACEBOOK here: About EDWs my discussions on Facebook
Contact: gvacariu [at] yahoo.com
- (October 2017), Gabriel Vacariu and Mihai Vacariu, Self as an epistemological world, Datagroup (on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/144-4300723-6421324?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=gabriel+vacariu) (This book was published in 2016 in Romanian)
- (June 2016), Gabriel Vacariu and Mihai Vacariu, Dark matter and dark energy, space and time, and other pseudo-notions in cosmology, Datagroup on Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/MATTER-ENERGY-SPACE-PSEUDO-NOTIONS-COSMOLOGY-ebook/dp/B01HS025O8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1467292740&sr=8-2&keywords=gabriel+vacariu#navbar
- (September 2015) “God cannot even exist!” [Below, just above section “Articles”] or here: http://filosofie.unibuc.ro/professor-dr-gabriel-vacariu-publications/september-2015-vacariu-god-even-cannot-exist/
- Springer (2016, English and German – sent in October 2014 and published, as mentioned on Springer’s page, in “October 20th, 2015” and “originally published in Romanian at Editura Datagroup, Timisora, 2014”): Illusions of Human Thinking: on concepts of Mind, Reality, and Universe in Psychology, Neuroscience and Physics [In German: Die Relativität von „Welt“ – Wie Pseudoprobleme in den Neurowissenschaften, der Psychologie und der Quantenphysik durch EDWs zu vermeiden sind, “Edition Centaurus Psychologie” http://www.springer.com/series/13754] Downloads on 09.06.2017: English 2974 + Germany 6696 = 9760 (It is a record]
(Chapter 1, the non-living entities (objects) that belong to EDWs; Chapter 2, the living beings (each living being is an EW); Chapter 3, the general view of the EDWs perspective) and its main applications to the main philosophical and scientific areas: Chapter 4, philosophy of mind (Descartes’ dualism, levels, reductionism and emergence, qualia, Kant and the “I”); Chapter 5, cognitive science (computationalism and dynamical systems, declarative-procedural, accessible-inaccessible, conscious-unconscious, conceptual- sensorimotor, symbolic-subsymbolic, and explicit-implicit, levels, representations, bidirectionality, threshold etc.); Chapter 6, cognitive neuroscience (optimism and its amazing results (Gallant’s laboratory) and skepticism (Uttal, Raichle’s “default network”), the localization problem, the binding problems (the main approach, oscillations or synchrony theory), multisensory integration, perception and object recognition); Chapter 7 biology (life and the organism/cell); Chapter 8, physics (Einstein’s theory of special and general relativity, quantum mechanics (non-locality or entanglement, the measurement problem, superposition), the relationship between these two theories). In the conclusion, I will explain why I consider that scientists from cognitive (neuro)science, biology and physics need to change the framework within which they work (the unicorn world) with the new “Weltanschauung”, the EDWs perspective.
- (September 2015) “God cannot even exist!”(the paper is here (2015) Vacariu ‘God-cannot-even-exist’)
- “Is Cognitive Neuroscience a pseudo-science?“, Gabriel Vacariu and Mihai Vacariu (published August 2015), Datagroup publishing house.
Is cognitive neuroscience a pseudoscience?, Gabriel Vacariu, Mihai Vacariu – Amazon.com
Gabriel Vacariu (2014) Epistemologically different worlds – The new paradigm of thinking, Datagroup int srl. (This book is the same published by SPRINGER) (See the Content here) (It was published in Romanian in November 2014.)
- On the second cover of this book, some words (in English) about this book from William Bechtel (USA), John Bickle (USA), Eliezer Torres (Mexico), Rom Harre (Great Britain and USA), Ilie Parvu (Romania), Mohsen Aghaei (Iran), and Philip Cam (Australia) [aici aveti copertile in limba romana]
“Blurb” for a book (Lexington Books):
The editor of Lexington Books (Rowman & Littlefield, USA) asked me for a “blurb” (advertising) of one of their book: the author: Sam Rakover (Psychology, Haifa University, Israel). There are three blurbs. See my words (“blurb”) for the book at “Reviews”, this address:
My blurb is the following one: “Knowing that Sam Rakover is a psychologist, his ‘dual methodology’ and ‘multi-explanation framework’ that appear in this book can be considered as an essential epistemological step toward an overall explanation of the realities (‘epistemological ontologies’) of mind and brain (i.e., my ‘epistemologically different worlds’ perspective).
— Gabriel Vacariu, Bucharest University, author of Illusions of Human Thinking”
See here the page ROWMAN&LITTLEFIELD (USA)
Reviewer and Editor
● (2013) Reviewer at Synthese – An International Journal for Epistemology, Methodology and Philosophy of Science (USA)
● (2015), Reviewer at MIT Press (USA)
● Editor Academia.edu
- Hobby: analyzing Andrei Tarkovsky’s movies, climbing the mountains (especially in winter), swimming, playing soccer, and leading political electoral campaigns.
- Some students and even physicists of Physics, Cognitive Neuroscience and Philosophy from France, Pakistan, India, etc. asked me to be their supervisor…
My idols: Constantin Brancusi, Andrei Tarkovsky, Leonardo da Vinci, Nikola Tesla, Hannibal Barca, Genghis Khan, and Bobby Fischer.
Contact: gvacariu [at] yahoo.com