Conf. univ. dr. Gabriel Vacariu este doctor al University of New South Wales (Sydney, Australia) din anul 2008 cu o teză despre Lumile Epistemologic Diferite. Contribuţia sa principală constă în dezvoltarea unei teorii complexe care oferă răspunsuri la problema minte-corp, cu aplicaţii specifice la biologie şi mecanica cuantică. Principalele rezultate ale cercetării au fost sintetizate recent în cartea sa din 2016, Illusions of Human Thinking (Springer Verlag). Gabriel Vacariu predă la Facultatea de Filosofie din 1997. În prezent, ţine cursuri de Filosofia minţii şi a ştiinţei cogniţiei, Teoria cunoaşterii ştiinţifice, precum şi Filosofie şi film.
My personal webpages: https://plus.google.com/+GabrielVacariu/posts
https://www.gabrielvacariu.wordpress.com/ http://philpapers.org/profile/8792 https://unibuc.academia.edu/GabrielVacariu https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Gabriel_Vacariu/contributions
ABOUT MY EDWS – SOME OF MY DISCUSSIONS on FACEBOOK here: About EDWs my discussions on Facebook
Contact: gvacariu [at] yahoo.com
- (June 2016), Gabriel Vacariu and Mihai Vacariu, Dark matter and dark energy, space and time, and other pseudo-notions in cosmology, Datagroup on Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/MATTER-ENERGY-SPACE-PSEUDO-NOTIONS-COSMOLOGY-ebook/dp/B01HS025O8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1467292740&sr=8-2&keywords=gabriel+vacariu#navbar In the memory of Vera Rubin
- NEW: (June 2016) Gabriel Vacariu si Mihai Vacariu (June, 2016), Sinele – O lume epistemologica, Datagroup [Self – An epistemological world]
- (September 2015) “God cannot even exist!” [Below, just above section “Articles”] or here: http://filosofie.unibuc.ro/wp-content/uploads/God-cannot-even-exist.pdf (For the first time in the history of human thinking, it is proved, in my paper, that “God” cannot even exist!!!)
- Springer (2016, English and German – sent in October 2014 and published, as mentioned on Springer’s page, in “October 20th, 2015” and “originally published in Romanian at Editura Datagroup, Timisora, 2014”): Illusions of Human Thinking: on concepts of Mind, Reality, and Universe in Psychology, Neuroscience and Physics [In German: Die Relativität von „Welt“ – Wie Pseudoprobleme in den Neurowissenschaften, der Psychologie und der Quantenphysik durch EDWs zu vermeiden sind, “Edition Centaurus Psychologie” http://www.springer.com/series/13754] Downloads on 09.06.2017: English 2974 + Germany 6696 = 9760 (It is a record]
(Chapter 1, the non-living entities (objects) that belong to EDWs; Chapter 2, the living beings (each living being is an EW); Chapter 3, the general view of the EDWs perspective) and its main applications to the main philosophical and scientific areas: Chapter 4, philosophy of mind (Descartes’ dualism, levels, reductionism and emergence, qualia, Kant and the “I”); Chapter 5, cognitive science (computationalism and dynamical systems, declarative-procedural, accessible-inaccessible, conscious-unconscious, conceptual- sensorimotor, symbolic-subsymbolic, and explicit-implicit, levels, representations, bidirectionality, threshold etc.); Chapter 6, cognitive neuroscience (optimism and its amazing results (Gallant’s laboratory) and skepticism (Uttal, Raichle’s “default network”), the localization problem, the binding problems (the main approach, oscillations or synchrony theory), multisensory integration, perception and object recognition); Chapter 7 biology (life and the organism/cell); Chapter 8, physics (Einstein’s theory of special and general relativity, quantum mechanics (non-locality or entanglement, the measurement problem, superposition), the relationship between these two theories). In the conclusion, I will explain why I consider that scientists from cognitive (neuro)science, biology and physics need to change the framework within which they work (the unicorn world) with the new “Weltanschauung”, the EDWs perspective.
- (September 2015) “God cannot even exist!”(the paper is here (2015) Vacariu ‘God-cannot-even-exist’)
- “Is Cognitive Neuroscience a pseudo-science?“, Gabriel Vacariu and Mihai Vacariu (published August 2015), Datagroup publishing house.
Is cognitive neuroscience a pseudoscience?, Gabriel Vacariu, Mihai Vacariu – Amazon.com
Gabriel Vacariu (2014) Epistemologically different worlds – The new paradigm of thinking, Datagroup int srl. (This book is the same published by SPRINGER) (See the Content here) (It was published in Romanian in November 2014.)
- On the second cover of this book, some words (in English) about this book from William Bechtel (USA), John Bickle (USA), Eliezer Torres (Mexico), Rom Harre (Great Britain and USA), Ilie Parvu (Romania), Mohsen Aghaei (Iran), and Philip Cam (Australia) [aici aveti copertile in limba romana]
- Hobby: analyzing Andrei Tarkovsky’s movies, climbing the mountains (especially in winter), swimming, playing soccer, and leading political electoral campaigns.
My idols: Constantin Brancusi, Andrei Tarkovsky, Leonardo da Vinci, Nikola Tesla, Hannibal Barca, Genghis Khan, and Bobby Fischer.
Contact: gvacariu [at] yahoo.com