Conf. univ. dr. Gabriel Vacariu este doctor al University of New South Wales (Sydney, Australia) din anul 2008 cu o teză despre Lumile Epistemologic Diferite. Contribuţia sa principală constă în dezvoltarea unei teorii complexe care oferă răspunsuri la problema minte-corp, cu aplicaţii specifice la biologie şi mecanica cuantică. Principalele rezultate ale cercetării au fost sintetizate recent în cartea sa din 2016, Illusions of Human Thinking (Springer Verlag). Gabriel Vacariu predă la Facultatea de Filosofie din 1997. În prezent, ţine cursuri de Filosofia minţii şi a ştiinţei cogniţiei, Teoria cunoaşterii ştiinţifice, precum şi Filosofie şi film.
Pages [to access one of these Pages, press it]:
- People (some, famous philosophers) about my ideas + Quotations of my works + discussion on Facebook about my EDWs: http://filosofie.unibuc.ro/cv_gabriel_vacariu/about-edws-my-discussions-on-facebook/
- Academic employment and record of tertiary studies
- Academic related activities (contents of my courses/seminars)
- Video-clips about my EDWs perspective and other topics here: Gabriel Vacariu: videoclips about Andrei Tarkovski’s movies: ‘Solaris’ , ‘Stalker’ , 'Nostalghia' (martie 2018, Romanian) 'Sacrificiul' (Aprilie 2018) here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_3I96MSwXpUjm2x6f6SaUA?view_as=subscriber
- My book at Springer (Germany) Illusions of Human Thinking (2016) downloads December 2018: English 4200 + Germany 9597 = 13,797 !!! Absolute RECORD! https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783658104436
- July 2018, on Academia.edu: "Advanced Search found 228 papers containing “vacariu” " 'https://www.academia.edu/upgrade?feature=search&search_id=32685853&trigger=advanced-search-result-count-email.
A page realized by somebody from Jaipur, Rajasthan (India) about me:
My personal webpages: https://plus.google.com/+GabrielVacariu/posts
Contact: gvacariu [at] yahoo.com
- (2017) Gabriel Vacariu and Mihai Vacariu, From Hypernothing to Hyperverse: EDWs, Hypernothing, Wave and Particle, Elementary Particles, Thermodynamics, and Einstein’s Relativity Without “Spacetime”, Datagroup Over the last two centuries, the relationship between philosophy and science has completely broken down, so the question we are confronted with is: How can we develop a new philosophy, which will influence science decisively? The physicists of the last century rejected their contemporary philosophy. They considered that “philosophy today is dead” (Hawking and Mlodinow 2010 ). However, we believe that the great scientific problems are always philosophical, and only philosophical problems. Therefore, these problems can be solved only by philosophers and scientists who operate at the greatest level of thinking: that of the “paradigm of thinking”. In fact, these great scientific problems can usually be solved by changing the “paradigm of thinking” for scientists. This book furnished more applications of the “epistemologically different worlds” (that replaced the “world”/”universe” – in their previous books (2008, 2010, 2011, etc.), the authors indicated that the notion of the world/universe is wrong). Following Aristotle’s “Prime Mover” (or the “Unmoved Mover”), we stop the regress ad infinitum by discovering the first EW, the EW0 (the Hypernothing). Even if one EW does not exist for any EDW, the Hypernothing was the first EW and all other EDWs correspond to the EW0. Chapter 2 is about the “Hypernothing”. The other chapters continue our works of applying the EDWs to different concepts/areas of Physics: quantum mechanics, elementary particles, thermodynamics (with its main notion, “entropy”), etc. In the last chapter, knowing that Einstein’s special and general theory of relativity are very correct (but in a book 2016 we showed that “spacetime” cannot ontologically exist), we re-write both theories without “spacetime”.
Content, Introduction and Chapter 1 FREE here: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=gabriel+vacariu&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Agabriel+vacariu
- (2017), Gabriel Vacariu and Mihai Vacariu, Self as an epistemological world, Datagroup (on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/144-4300723-6421324?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=gabriel+vacariu) (This book was published in 2016 in Romanian)
- (2016), Gabriel Vacariu and Mihai Vacariu, Dark matter and dark energy, space and time, and other pseudo-notions in cosmology, Datagroup on Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/MATTER-ENERGY-SPACE-PSEUDO-NOTIONS-COSMOLOGY-ebook/dp/B01HS025O8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1467292740&sr=8-2&keywords=gabriel+vacariu#navbar
- Springer (2016, English and German - sent in October 2014 and published, as mentioned on Springer's page, in "October 20th, 2015" and "originally published in Romanian at Editura Datagroup, Timisora, 2014"): Illusions of Human Thinking: on concepts of Mind, Reality, and Universe in Psychology, Neuroscience and Physics [In German: Die Relativität von „Welt“ - Wie Pseudoprobleme in den Neurowissenschaften, der Psychologie und der Quantenphysik durch EDWs zu vermeiden sind, "Edition Centaurus Psychologie" http://www.springer.com/series/13754]
- Incredible record: my Springer book Illusions of human thinking (2016), Downloads (from Springer's page)
January 2019 English 4247 + 9717 = 13,964
December English English 4200 + Germany 9597 = 13,797
- (April 2018) Academia.edu about my page: ‘You’re now in the top 0.1% of researchers on Academia by 30-day views!’
[The percent refers to the place regarding Access/Download of my papers: it is in the first first 0.1% !!!
(Chapter 1, the non-living entities (objects) that belong to EDWs; Chapter 2, the living beings (each living being is an EW); Chapter 3, the general view of the EDWs perspective) and its main applications to the main philosophical and scientific areas: Chapter 4, philosophy of mind (Descartes’ dualism, levels, reductionism and emergence, qualia, Kant and the “I”); Chapter 5, cognitive science (computationalism and dynamical systems, declarative-procedural, accessible-inaccessible, conscious-unconscious, conceptual- sensorimotor, symbolic-subsymbolic, and explicit-implicit, levels, representations, bidirectionality, threshold etc.); Chapter 6, cognitive neuroscience (optimism and its amazing results (Gallant’s laboratory) and skepticism (Uttal, Raichle’s “default network”), the localization problem, the binding problems (the main approach, oscillations or synchrony theory), multisensory integration, perception and object recognition); Chapter 7 biology (life and the organism/cell); Chapter 8, physics (Einstein’s theory of special and general relativity, quantum mechanics (non-locality or entanglement, the measurement problem, superposition), the relationship between these two theories). In the conclusion, I will explain why I consider that scientists from cognitive (neuro)science, biology and physics need to change the framework within which they work (the unicorn world) with the new “Weltanschauung”, the EDWs perspective.
- "Is Cognitive Neuroscience a pseudo-science?", Gabriel Vacariu and Mihai Vacariu (published August 2015), Datagroup publishing house.
Is cognitive neuroscience a pseudoscience?, Gabriel Vacariu, Mihai Vacariu - Amazon.com
Gabriel Vacariu (2014) Epistemologically different worlds - The new paradigm of thinking, Datagroup int srl. (This book is the same published by SPRINGER) (See the Content here) (It was published in Romanian in November 2014.)
- On the second cover of this book, some words (in English) about this book from William Bechtel (USA), John Bickle (USA), Eliezer Torres (Mexico), Rom Harre (Great Britain and USA), Ilie Parvu (Romania), Mohsen Aghaei (Iran), and Philip Cam (Australia) [aici aveti copertile in limba romana]
"Blurb" for a book (Lexington Books):
The editor of Lexington Books (Rowman & Littlefield, USA) asked me for a "blurb" (advertising) of one of their book: the author: Sam Rakover (Psychology, Haifa University, Israel). There are three blurbs. See my words ("blurb") for the book at "Reviews", this address:
My blurb is the following one: "Knowing that Sam Rakover is a psychologist, his 'dual methodology' and 'multi-explanation framework' that appear in this book can be considered as an essential epistemological step toward an overall explanation of the realities ('epistemological ontologies') of mind and brain (i.e., my 'epistemologically different worlds' perspective).
— Gabriel Vacariu, Bucharest University, author of Illusions of Human Thinking"
ROWMAN&LITTLEFIELD (USA) - Lexington Books, the cover of book:
Reviewer and Editor
● (2013) Reviewer at Synthese – An International Journal for Epistemology, Methodology and Philosophy of Science (USA)
● (2015), Reviewer at MIT Press (USA)
● Editor Academia.edu
- (2015) “GOD CANNOT EVEN EXIST!” here: http://filosofie.unibuc.ro/professor-dr-gabriel-vacariu-publications/september-2015-vacariu-god-even-cannot-exist/ For the first time in the history of human thinking, I have proved that God even cannot exist! His existence would produce strong ontological contradictions! (The paper is here (2015) Vacariu 'God-cannot-even-exist')
- about Tarkovsky's Solaris (2018) here: https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=a_KllVmC1F8
- Hobby: analyzing Andrei Tarkovsky's movies, climbing the mountains (especially in winter), swimming, playing soccer, and leading political electoral campaigns.
- Some students and even physicists of Physics, Cognitive Neuroscience and Philosophy from France, Pakistan, India, etc. asked me to be their supervisor...
Contact: gvacariu [at] yahoo.com