Conf. univ. dr. Gabriel Vacariu este doctor al University of New South Wales (Sydney, Australia) din anul 2008 cu o teză despre Lumile Epistemologic Diferite. Contribuţia sa principală constă în dezvoltarea unei teorii complexe care oferă răspunsuri la problema minte-corp, cu aplicaţii specifice la biologie şi mecanica cuantică. Principalele rezultate ale cercetării au fost sintetizate recent în cartea sa din 2016, Illusions of Human Thinking (Springer Verlag). Gabriel Vacariu predă la Facultatea de Filosofie din 1997. În prezent, ţine cursuri de Filosofia minţii şi a ştiinţei cogniţiei, Teoria cunoaşterii ştiinţifice, precum şi Filosofie şi film.
“They laugh at me because I’m different; I laugh at them because they’re all the same.” (Kurt Cobain) They laugh at me because I discovered the EDWs and have been the first working within them; I laugh at them because they’re are working within the “unicorn world”. However, much later, some of them (some quite “famous”) have plagiarized my ideas…
My personal webpages: https://plus.google.com/+GabrielVacariu/posts
https://www.gabrielvacariu.wordpress.com/ http://philpapers.org/profile/8792 https://unibuc.academia.edu/GabrielVacariu https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Gabriel_Vacariu/contributions
My books 2008-2016: 8 books in 8 years. The circle of knowledge [science (physics, cognitive neuroscience) + philosophy] is closed!
“The EDWs are not for today, the place of the remnants of the last century, but for tomorrow, the time of new contretemps! With my EDWs perspective, I showed that the world does not exist so, except Darwin’s evolution, Boltzmann’s entropy and Einstein’s relativity, all the other “great theories” were wrong: all approaches in philosophy (of mind), everything in cognitive neuroscience (in my books from 2012 and 2014, I proved this “science” is a pseudo-science), all alternatives for the mind-brain problem are wrong, quantum mechanics is a pseudo-theory (all its alternatives are wrong), all definitions of life in biology are wrong, space and time cannot have any ontology, God and infinity cannot exist (simply, human mind inventions), etc. I replaced all these wrong theories and approaches with my EDWs perspective, the new paradigm of thinking. More than 90% of my works has been dedicated to particular sciences and not to contemporary “philosophy”(see my first five books FREE below). Regarding people who have plagiarized my ideas, there are already four world records: (1) the number of people who plagiarized my ideas (I am sure there are incredible many people who have plagiarized my ideas – this is main reason my name has not been quoted in the last years) (2) the number of their fields of qualification (philosophy, physics, cognitive neuroscience, cosmology, ontology) and topics (so many) (3) the number of their countries (Germany, USA, Netherlands, Russia, Romania, Australia, Canada, Finland, etc.) (4) they plagiarized my ideas in such a short time (few years, due to Internet – just a remark: It is impossible so many people to discover the EDWs in the same decade – but after I posted my first five books on Internet – while nobody have discovered these EDWs in the last 2500 years!). Using Boltzmann’s words, I worn those who have plagiarized my ideas: “Bring forth what is true; write it so it’s clear. Defend it to your last breath.” (Ludwig Boltzmann) (5) my article from Synthese (2005, USA) has been mostly downloaded several months!!! But almost nobody quoted my work but many years later some published UNBELIEVABLE similar ideas to the ideas that are in that article! Strange situation, isn’t it?
Somebody asked me: “Why so many people – and even ‘great’ scientists – plagiarize my ideas? The answer: MY EDWs PERSPECTIVE IS THE GREATEST REVOLUTION IN THE HISTORY OF HUMAN THINKING (SCIENCES and PHILOSOPHY)! So, my ideas are high temptation even for some who got Nobel! I should get Nobel prizes for Physics and Cognitive Neuroscience (Medicine) since I changed the framework of thinking of both particular sciences (and other particular sciences + philosophy) and thus I furnished answers to all the the main topics/questions of these fields. But I am Romanian, so obviously I will not get any prize and scientists and philosophers around the world will prefer to plagiarize my ideas… As specialists talk today about Constantin Brancusi, in the future, philosophers and scientists will talk about my approach, the EDWs perspective. However, today it is quite a shame since the “specialists” still prefer to plagiarize my ideas. The history will not forgive such Salieri(s). Anyway, I am not Mozart of philosophy, but Beethoven of human knowledge… ” Gabriel Vacariu (About people who published ideas very similar to my ideas, see https://plus.google.com/u/0/+GabrielVacariu, https://philpapers.org/inoff.html ; https://unibuc.academia.edu/GabrielVacariu/Analytics#/activity/documents?_k=hqamup; https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Gabriel_Vacariu/contributions) I need a new Max Planck to discover me officially (not through plagiarizing my ideas), but it seems I have to wait quite a long time!
“Vacariu advances a novel and challenging perspective from which to view modern sciences ranging from physics to cognitive neuroscience. At its core is the perspective of epistemologically different worlds. On Vacariu’s analysis, entities such as mental and physical phenomena, which many of us struggle to relate, do not belong to the same world-indeed, that world does not exist! This book is filled with probing discussions that will challenge nearly everyone.” William Bechtel, Distinguished Professor Department of Philosophy, Center for Circadian Biology, and Interdisciplinary Program in Cognitive Science University of California, San Diego (USA)
“This is novel and innovative work. It is philosophy in the grand synoptic style – influenced and aware of contemporary science, but not beholden to it. Epistemologically different worlds may be a tool for untying many current philosophical knots.” John Bickle, Philosophy and Religion, Mississippi State University (USA)
“Gabriel Vacariu tackles a long standing assumption of Western thought – that there is only one world. Through a series of ingenious arguments the author shows that by making used of the distinctness of observational conditions, the pretensions of neuroscience to unify psychology is deeply flawed. This is a bold project and the author brings not only a high degree of philosophical sophistication to the task, but also a wide and deep knowledge of various sciences which inform his analysis of the many forms taken by the Unitarian claim.” Rom Harre, Emeritus Fellow, Linacre College, Oxford (Great Britain) Distinguished Research Professor Georgetown University, Washington DC (USA)
“Here at last is the condensed version of Gabriel Vacariu’s startling view of epistemologically different worlds and its application to a range of both traditional and contemporary philosophical problems. If Vacariu is right, this work represents a Copernican shift in our understanding of what we took to be ourselves and the world about us.” Philip Cam, Philosophy, University of New South Wales (Sydney, Australia)
“The idea of epistemologically different worlds can generate a new approach not only to the mind-body problem but also to many other fields of philosophical theorizing, from general ontology to more specific problems in the philosophy of special sciences.” Ilie Parvu, Philosophy, University of Bucharest (Romania)
“The epistemologically different worlds perspective will sure shake the world of science in not too distant future.” Mohsen Aghaei, Kish Institute of Science and Technology (Tehran, Iran)
“Gabriel, personal development like you have exhibited is the sign of a fine mind. Congratulations.” William R. Uttal, Professor Emeritus (Engineering) at Arizona State University and Professor Emeritus (Psychology) at the University of Michigan (USA)
Priscilla Nocom: “Hats off to Tesla n U too.” [The best complements that I have ever received!]
At a high-school from Portugal, at one of his lectures (a week in November 2015), Manuel Jose, professor of philosophy, thought his students about my EDWs perspective! (He wrote me about this event.)
Parts of my book “Epistemologically Different Worlds” (2008) will be translated by Hichem Messaoudi, Institution University of Tunis, (Tunisia)
My book on a bibliography (“This work is free only for personal and classroom use. Professor Joseph Vaisman Department of Computer Science and Engineering, NYU-Poly”) with some great philosophers. Quite long list, but there are many different sections. At “Epistemology”, there are 5 books. The first book is my Springer book!
“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.” (Nikolai Tesla) This day is my discovery of the EDWs!
So many “professors” from several domains (physics, cognitive neuroscience, philosophy) have plagiarized my ideas (some of them quite “famous”), but nobody invite me to hold a presentation of my ideas after so many years I posted so many of my articles and books (all in English) on my webpage and other Internet (Google) pages … In what international “academic world” do I live???
Until me, everybody has been working within the wrong framework the “world/universe”. For the first time in the history of human thinking I showed that the world (unicorn world, as I called) is a wrong notion. I replaced with the “epistemologically different worlds” (EDWs). EDWs. Nobody has discovered the EDWs before me. In this way I solved completely the quantum problems, the mind-brain problem and many other philosophical or scientific problems. For me, (a) the “multiverse” (Physics) means that all universes are in the same macro-EW, that is, they have still worked within the unicorn world. (b) Spinoza worked within the unicorn world with one substance with different attributes. (c) anybody you want. NOBODY denied the “world”/unicorn world! Is it clear?
Contact: gvacariu [at] yahoo.com
- NEW: (June 2016), Gabriel Vacariu and Mihai Vacariu, Dark matter and dark energy, space and time, and other pseudo-notions in cosmology, Datagroup on Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/MATTER-ENERGY-SPACE-PSEUDO-NOTIONS-COSMOLOGY-ebook/dp/B01HS025O8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1467292740&sr=8-2&keywords=gabriel+vacariu#navbar In the memory of Vera Rubin
Dark matter and dark energy. Two notions that have troubled cosmologists for a long time. Why? Because they don’t have a “satisfactory” definition, and nobody can identify the “matter” or “forces” that govern them. Currently, we can only deduce the existence of these two notions from the strange movement of the galaxies and the manner they move away from one another, with increasing speed. However, these are not the only mysteries that cosmology cannot yet explain. What happened before the Big Bang? Is the universe still expanding (cosmic inflation)? What is the relation between the theory of relativity and the laws of quantum mechanics? What if the answers to all these questions were far more accessible than researchers thought? What if the real “culprit” for their absence was in fact the framework used by cosmologists, a framework that involves the existence of space and time? With the help of the Epistemologically Different Worlds paradigm, Gabriel and Mihai Vacariu aim to offer an answer to all these questions and many others.
- Conclusion of this book, Conclusion (2016) Vacariu and Vacariu ‘Dark matter…’
- For people who will try to plagiarize also the ideas of my book some messages that I received about my book: “I wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed your work on EDWs, specifically in regards to dark matter. It struck quite the chord with me.” or “I would like to say thank you so much for your vital idea as well as for your great contribution to our world.”
- With this book I closed the circle of scientific “knowledge”. The game is over! With this and the other books, I have “solved” all great problems (pseudo-problems, in reality) in physics, cognitive neuroscience and philosophy of the last 100 years.
- NEW: (June 2016) Gabriel Vacariu si Mihai Vacariu (June, 2016), Sinele – O lume epistemologica, Datagroup [Self – An epistemological world]
- (September 2015) “God cannot even exist!” [Below, just above section “Articles”] or here: http://filosofie.unibuc.ro/wp-content/uploads/God-cannot-even-exist.pdf (For the first time in the history of human thinking, it is proved, in my paper, that “God” cannot even exist!!!)
- Springer (2016, English and German – sent in October 2014 and published, as mentioned on Springer’s page, in “October 20th, 2015” and “originally published in Romanian at Editura Datagroup, Timisora, 2014”): Illusions of Human Thinking: on concepts of Mind, Reality, and Universe in Psychology, Neuroscience and Physics [In German: Die Relativität von „Welt“ – Wie Pseudoprobleme in den Neurowissenschaften, der Psychologie und der Quantenphysik durch EDWs zu vermeiden sind, “Edition Centaurus Psychologie” http://www.springer.com/series/13754]
- The book illustrates that the traditional philosophical concept of the “Universe”, the “World” has led to anomalies and paradoxes in the realm of knowledge. The author replaces this notion by the EDWs perspective, i.e. a new axiomatic hyperontological framework of Epistemologically Different Worlds” (EDWs). Thus it becomes possible to find a more appropriate approach to different branches of science, such as cognitive neuroscience, physics, biology and the philosophy of mind. The consequences are a better understanding of the mind-body problem, quantum physics non-locality or entanglement, the measurement problem, Einstein’s theory of relativity and the binding problem in cognitive neuroscience.
This book is a relative short version of my Epistemologically Different Worlds (EDWs) perspective (Chapter 1, the non-living entities (objects) that belong to EDWs; Chapter 2, the living beings (each living being is an EW); Chapter 3, the general view of the EDWs perspective) and its main applications to the main philosophical and scientific areas: Chapter 4, philosophy of mind (Descartes’ dualism, levels, reductionism and emergence, qualia, Kant and the “I”); Chapter 5, cognitive science (computationalism and dynamical systems, declarative-procedural, accessible-inaccessible, conscious-unconscious, conceptual- sensorimotor, symbolic-subsymbolic, and explicit-implicit, levels, representations, bidirectionality, threshold etc.); Chapter 6, cognitive neuroscience (optimism and its amazing results (Gallant’s laboratory) and skepticism (Uttal, Raichle’s “default network”), the localization problem, the binding problems (the main approach, oscillations or synchrony theory), multisensory integration, perception and object recognition); Chapter 7 biology (life and the organism/cell); Chapter 8, physics (Einstein’s theory of special and general relativity, quantum mechanics (non-locality or entanglement, the measurement problem, superposition), the relationship between these two theories). In the conclusion, I will explain why I consider that scientists from cognitive (neuro)science, biology and physics need to change the framework within which they work (the unicorn world) with the new “Weltanschauung”, the EDWs perspective.[On Internet about this book
“Illusions of Human Thinking” es la idea del genio del autor Gabriel Vacariu publicado el 2015-10-19 al género del libro Philosophy que se llevará a su imaginación y añadir perspicacia. … Autor Gabriel Vacariu es fantástico en la organización de todos los detalles de los contenidos del libro que tiene la cantidad de papel tanto como 188 es el publicado por un libro confiable y bien conocido de Springer.
“Illusions of Human Thinking” is the idea of genius author Gabriel Vacariu published on 19.10.2015 the genre of the book Philosophy that will take your imagination and add insight. … Author Gabriel Vacariu is fantastic in organizing all the details of the contents of the book that has the amount of paper as much as 188 is published by a reliable and well-known publishing book Springer.”
“… einen interessanten Versuch, einen neuen Zugang zu Psychologie, den Neurowissenschaften und der Quantenphysik zu finden ohne dabei in Widersprüche zu geraten. Obwohl an ein breiteres Publikum gewandt, sind philosophische Grundkenntnisse bei der Lektüre hilfreich.” Karl Schäfer, in: Amazon.de, 17. August 2016]
- Parts of my book Epistemologically Different Worlds (2008) will be translated by Hichem Messaoudi, Institution University of Tunis, (Tunisia)
- (September 2015) “God cannot even exist!”(the paper is here (2015) Vacariu ‘God-cannot-even-exist’)
- “Is Cognitive Neuroscience a pseudo-science?“, Gabriel Vacariu and Mihai Vacariu (published August 2015), Datagroup publishing house.
Is cognitive neuroscience a pseudoscience?, Gabriel Vacariu, Mihai Vacariu – Amazon.com
This book is a synthesis of all our works on cognitive neuroscience since 2008 to the present day. We deal with a general view about this “science”, with its main topics (fMRI and EEG, localization, the binding problem, perceptual processing, multisensory integration, etc.) which none has been solved after many years of research. Therefore, our conclusion is that these problems are in fact pseudo-problems and cognitive neuroscience is a pseudo-science.
- Gabriel Vacariu (2014) Epistemologically different worlds – The new paradigm of thinking, Datagroup int srl. (This book is the same published by SPRINGER) (See the Content here) (It was published in Romanian in November 2014.)
- On the second cover of this book, some words (in English) about this book from William Bechtel (USA), John Bickle (USA), Eliezer Torres (Mexico), Rom Harre (Great Britain and USA), Ilie Parvu (Romania), Mohsen Aghaei (Iran), and Philip Cam (Australia) [aici aveti copertile in limba romana]
- My book “Epistemologically different worlds” (2008) have been mentioned on Wikipedia.org webpage: “Counterfactual definiteness” (Categories: “Quantum measurement”) at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterfactual_definiteness (the same article at http://encyclopine.org/en/Counterfactual_definiteness; www.minds.com/; www.mashpedia.com; www.redorblue.tk/; enc.tfode.com/; nichecreator.com/; epo.wikitrans.net/; 4cc.ir/docs/; www.tutorgigpedia.com; sciencewise.info/; www.biblicalwritings.com; si.infogin.com/, etc.); http://www.gutenberg.us/articles/counterfactual_definiteness
- The first paragraph of this article indicates:
“Counterfactual definiteness (CFD) means that the output of a system can, in principle, be calculated by using an explicit formula y = f(x). Although the aspects of the universe that can adequately be described by classical physics are compatible with counterfactual definiteness, those aspects of the universe that can only be adequately modelled or described by quantum mechanics are not in all cases compatible with counterfactual definiteness. ” (Footnote : “Gabriel Vacariu, “Epistemologically Different Worlds,” Editura Universitãtii din bucuresti, 2008, ISBN 978-973-737-442-4 p. 331″)
- Some people (USA) introduced some of my works in the “Seminar Bibliography”
- I would like to thank you very much to Robert T Craig (student Physics, MIT) for helping me in creating my page on wordpress.com: https://gabrielvacariu.wordpress.com/
The EDWs perspective is the greatest challenge in the history of human thinking. With my EDWs perspective (2002, 2005, 2008, 2010), I showed that the main greatest problems from science and philosophy are pseudo-problems. These pseudo-problems are:
- The mind-brain problem: in philosophy since Descartes, in cognitive science since this particular science appeared, then a particular science has been invented in the 70’s for solving it directly: cognitive neuroscience.
- The life-organism/cell problem: in biology there have been many particular definitions of “life” but nobody could identify the relationship between life and the organism/cell.
- The relationship between wave and particle in quantum mechanics: in physics, this problem has not been solved since its appearance (Young’s experiment!). It remains one of the greatest mysteries of quantum mechanics.
- The relationship between microparticles and macroparticles: in physics, this problem pushed the scientists to try to unify Einstein’s theory of general relativity and quantum mechanics. The results of this unification were unsuccessful.
- About my EDWs at http://competitive-learning.org/Philosophy.pdf
- (04.12.2013) Presentation “The world vs. epistemologically different worlds”, Department of Philosophy, Bucharest University. See this presentation on Youtube: Part 1 and Part 2.In this clip, I present my Epistemologically Different Worlds (EDWs) perspective. In other works (2005, 2008, 2011, 2012), I tried to illustrate that the greatest illusion of human knowledge surviving from the oldest times is the notion of „world”, of „uni-verse” or as he called it, the „unicorn world”. The main mistake that led to the creation of the unicorn world is that we, the human beings, believed (consciously or not) that we were the only observers of the “world”. As a result, Gods, all beings (humans with their mind, brains and bodies, and plants, cells, microbes, animals) and all objects (tables, stones and planets, electrons, waves and fields) have been placed within the same world, the unique world, the uni-verse. I replace the “world” with EDWs. The tables (and all macro-objects) belong to the same EW (macro-EW), the electrons and protons belong to micro-EW, while the mind is an EW, the brain and the body or the wave and the microparticle, organism and life belong to (or are) EDWs. All great philosophical problems (mind-brain problem) and all quantum problems (entanglement, non-locality, etc.) are pseudo-problems. (For all these pseudo-problems, see my other works at this page) See also this pdf text
- Hobby: analyzing Andrei Tarkovsky’s movies, climbing the mountains (especially in winter), swimming, playing soccer, and leading political electoral campaigns (I have led many electoral campaigns: during the last 15 years, I have realized many posters, video-clips, leaflets, organizing meetings, writing discourses for candidates, preparing candidates for press-interview, etc.).
Thus spake the woods in soft entreaty; Astfel zise lin padurea
Arching boughs above me bent, Bolti asupra-mi clatinand;
But I whistled high, and laughing Suieram l-a ei chemare
Out into the open went. S-am iesit in camp razand.
(Mihai Eminescu, O remain dear one; http://www.mihaieminescu.ro/en/literary_work/poems/o_remain_dear_one.htm)
The necessary condition to conquer the world is to be against the entire world: I, the Spartan: don’t fight, be fight! Anyway, I accomplished my Majestic dreams, EDWs!
Contact: gvacariu [at] yahoo.com
Fi Communications (Public Relations)
www.ficommunications.com Mihai Vacariu